18TH CENTURY DUTCH BRICK CENTER HALL… SOLD
Built in 1792, by revolutionary leader Rev. Johannes Schuneman, the unspoiled primitive Dutch home retains original details and lots of character: wide-board flooring, paneled cupboards, wall paneling, door and window trim details, hardware, enclosed stairs, and four fireplaces. … First floor has a generous center hallway with formal parlor on one side and keeping room/dining room on the other side with country kitchen and bathroom in the back. Upstairs the large center hall, matching the one below, provides access to three bedrooms and a bath. The walk-out basement contains four good-sized rooms each with authentic brick flooring including the original kitchen with its cooking fireplace. Set on 1.8 acres, the property also includes two sheds and an inground pool (not used for a long time). On a dead-end road outside Catskill village, the house nevertheless has natural gas, municipal sewer and water.
Rev. Schuneman was the first to sign the “Plan of Association” created by Coxsackie citizens to express opposition to the British Parliament and treated wounded soldiers during the war. In 1982, Kathy and Philip Seibel, renowned antique dealers, purchased the 18th Century Dutch brick house and used it, and a small stone barn they built, to display and sell painted American furniture, boxes, yellowware, toleware, decorations and hooked rugs that they collected over decades. The Seibel Estate sold the home’s finest contents at Stair Galleries and are now selling the house that was used as background for their American country antiques.
602 Route 23B,
PO Box 360,
Claverack, New York 12513